The Municipality of Naic in the Province of Cavite lies 47 kms. from the City of Manila. It is bounded on the north by Manila Bay, to south by the adjacent towns of Indang and Maragondon, to the east by the City of Trece Martires, Cavite's seat of Provincial Government and to the west by the town of Tanza.
The origin of the Municipality of Naic can be traced to a string of villages whose population cleared meadows for rice and corn production near the shores of the present Balsahan, Bancaan, and Labac barangays. As the coastal and riverine settlement flourished in the early Spanish era, the Dominican friars formally made the growing community a barrio of Maragondon, one of the oldest towns in the Province of Cavite, along with the present towns of Ternate and Magallanes. Towards 1800, further colonial interests focused on the Land Estates catering to the world market.
A shift in the mode of transportation from sea to railway eventually change the locus of commercial activity in Cavite from Maragondon to Naic. Naic became the center of commerce when the Manila Railroad Company build a railroad terminal station at Ibayo Estacion.